Foreign Nationals

At Al Jamiah Al Islamiyyah we have a UKBA Highly Trusted Status (HTS)

If you are not a citizen of the European Union and wish to enrol on one of our courses, you will need to apply for a UK Student Visa. There are different types of visa, each with their own conditions and restrictions. The type of Student Visa you require will depend on your age, the type of course you wish to study and the length of your course.

If you are a citizen of the EU you will not need a Student Visa to come to the UK to study. If you are a national of any other country, you will need Entry Clearance. In most cases, that means you will have to apply for a Student Visa.

What type of Student Visa will I need?

Al Jamiatul Islamiyyah courses are longer than 6 months; as a result you will need a Tier 4 Student Visa.

If you are under 18 and want to study a course at GCSE level, you must apply for a Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa. If you want to study at a Higher Level (e.g. A Levels), you can choose whether to apply for a Tier 4 (Child) or Tier 4 (General) Student Visa. The requirements and conditions differ, so the best choice will depend on your own circumstances.

If you are over 18, you must apply for a Tier 4 (General) Student Visa. Note that you cannot study at GCSE level or below if you are over 18.

What are the requirements for obtaining a Tier 4 Student Visa?

The requirements for obtaining a Tier 4 Student Visa are:

You must obtain a document called a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from Al Jamiatul Islamiyyah.

You must prove you have the funds to pay for your studies.

If you are over 18, you will need to pass an approved English Language test (EILTS) before you apply for your visa.

When assessing your visa application, the British Embassy or High Commission will also take into consideration other factors, in particular whether you have been refused a visa or refused entry in the past.

Please note: good command over the English language is a requirement for any Foreign National applicant (5.5)

For further inquiries related to the courses we offer to foreign nationals you can contact our designated UKBA officer by email ( or phone 01204 62622 ). Further information can be found on the UKBA website”